Level 4 Certificate In Education And Training (CET) Formerly CTLLS
Gain an intermediatory qualification to teaching and learn the necessary skills for preparation, planning, course design & evaluation. This course allows you to teach sector specific skills and adult learners in the private training industry, FE and HE colleges up to a Level 4.
Level 4 certificate in Education and Training (CET)
The Level 4 certificate in Education and Training (CET) is an intermediatory teaching qualification for those who wish to progress in the teaching profession. It is also suitable for those who want to teach sector specific skills or Level 4 courses in further and higher education. This course is also suitable for people currently working as assessors who wish to learn the necessary skills for preparation, planning, course design and student evaluation.
Upon completion, this course allows you to teach sector specific skills to learners in the private training industry, FE and HE colleges up to a level 4.
- This is an intermediatory course and is suitable for learners who are looking to enhance their career in training NVQ, QCF, RQF courses in their subject specialism. Once qualified you can teach up to a Level 4 in your subject specialism in many different sectors, including private training providers, further education colleges or higher education settings as well as workplaces
- There is no requirement or expectation that you are currently in a teaching position to be enrolled on this course.. There is also no requirement for learners to complete the Level 3 Award in Education and Training prior to commencing this qualification. However, if a learner has achieved the Level 3 unit: "Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training', they will not have to take this unit as part of the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training. The recommended minimum age is 19 years old.
- Once qualified you can teach up to a Level 4 in your subject specialism in many different sectors, including private training providers, further education colleges or higher education settings as well as workplaces
How it's Delivered
There are two key ways we deliver this course:
- 1. Virtual classroom course package: Available to corporations and group bookings, led by our highly qualified staff. We tailor our course to suit your needs, for example if you are only available at certain times on certain days. Our teachers will support you through the units of work that make up the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training.
- 2. E-Learning course package: This learning method can support your continuing professional development without the need for a virtual classroom. Learners complete their studies at a self-paced and self-taught manner which suits them. We support learners with all of the materials needed to complete the course and access to a qualified teacher if required. Please note that you have 12 months to complete this course.
BOOK YOUR COURSE
£570, Now £495
£81.43/Month Over 7 Months
- Save £75 by opting to pay in full
- Learn at your own pace
- Fit your learning journey around your schedule
- High quality learning resources
- Access to designated tutors via Zoom
- Interactive, and user friendly learning platform
- Click the button below to choose your payment option and start learning
Available To Corporations And Group Bookings
- Customised course delivered via Zoom Education tailored to your company's needs
- We work with you to design the course framework; e.g. days and times
- High quality learning resources delivered by our experienced tutors
- Interactive, and user friendly learning platform
- Gain your qualifications around your busy schedules
- Give us a call or click the button below to send us a message and we'll get right back to you
There is no requirement or expectation that you are currently in a teaching position to be enrolled on this course.. There is also no requirement for learners to complete the Level 3 Award in Education and Training prior to commencing this qualification. However, if a learner has achieved the Level 3 unit: "Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training', they will not have to take this unit as part of the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training. The recommended minimum age is 19 years old.
You may be required to complete an initial assessment to ascertain your suitability for this course before you begin. To access our world-class virtual learning classrooms you must have access to a secure internet connection and a laptop/PC/tablet using up to date Windows, Apple or Android operating systems.
For those learners who are already working with students covered by DBS (disclosure and barring service) regulations there may be a requirement to undertake a DBS check. You will be informed before you enrol on the course whether this is relevant to you.
Learners will be taught the roles of the teacher and how to sequence the learning, planning and delivering of sessions, along with how to provide effective assessment and feedback. The L4 Certificate in Education and Training is broken down into the following units:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training (This unit is exempt if you have previously completed a Level 3 Award in Education and Training)
- Assessing learners in education and training
- Delivering education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
- Using resources for education and training
- Delivering employability skills
- Evaluating learning programmes
- Understanding and managing behaviours in a learning environment
How is this course assessed?
- Each of the units set out above have internally set and marked assessments that must be completed to pass the course.
- Teaching Practice - Learners must carry out 30 hours of teaching practice of which will be 3 hours will be assessed by our tutors. Learners who are currently teaching or training students in their current role can be observed or assessed with their own learners in their place of work. We may be able to assist learners with gaining their teaching practice hours in certain locations.
A lot of students worry about assessments. Our highly qualified teachers are committed to ensuring you gain a mastery of your work so that you can write assessments at a very high level.
Progression - What further qualifications can I do after completing the Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training?
Successful learners can progress to other teaching, training, assessment and internal quality assurance qualifications such as:
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocational Related Achievement
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Related Achievement
Why Choose Teacher Assessor Training?
We have worked in the education sector for over a decade, initially providing entry level courses for teaching ahead of moving towards more specific NVQ courses. During this period, we developed an all-encompassing understanding of teacher assessor courses and how to supply them in an optimal way, along with forming strong working relationships with partners and affiliates in education such as Ofqual to ensure that high standards are always met.
Teacher Assessor Training makes it easy for clients to have direct access to the specific teacher assessor courses that they require. Our strong experience in the education field means that we have an encyclopaedic knowledge of all course material. We provide expert support as you navigate through the courses you need to complete, from assessor training courses to IQA courses. Have peace of mind that you have access to the right material when you need it.
We use Microsoft Teams – a popular and easily navigable software for delivering education – so that you can complete teacher assessor courses and other modules from your own home. Our quality software allows for the same quality of teaching as provided in the class. You can have access to any teaching material you require by accessing our portal, allowing you to have more freedom and complete courses in accordance with timescales that suit you.