Level 3 Award In Assessing Competence in Work the Environment (RQF)
Gain a qualification in assessing vocational achievement, in your workplace.
Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in The Work Environment
The Level 3 award in Assessing competence in the workplace is a qualification for practitioners who assess the demonstration of competence in an individual’s work environment. It teaches learners how to successfully plan and carry out assessments at a workplace.
- This course is a workplace assessor qualification and will enable you to assess learners in a work environment
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course. However, the recommended minimum age for this qualification is 18 years or above and candidates must have a minimum of Level 2 in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
- Once qualified you will be able to carry out independent assessments in your workplace. You can also progress further and complete other qualifications (Please see below).
How is this course delivered?
There are three key ways we deliver this course:
- Standard online course package: Learners can expect a 5-week programme containing two weekly taught sessions online led by our highly qualified staff. Our teachers will support you through the units of work that make up The Level 3 Award in Assessing competence in a workplace. You must submit a portfolio of evidence upon completion of the course
- 4-day intensive course package: Learners can expect to complete the theoretical work over 3 days the final day of the course the tutor will observe you in your current assessing role you must submit a portfolio of evidence upon completion of the course
- Distance learning programmes that can support your continuing professional development without the need for a virtual classroom. Learners complete their studies at a self-paced and self-taught manner which suits them. We support learners with all the materials needed to complete the course and access to a qualified teacher if required.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. However, candidates must have a minimum of Level 2 in literacy and numeracy or equivalent. You may be required to complete an initial assessment to ascertain your suitability for this course before you begin. To access our world-class virtual learning classrooms, you must have access to a secure internet connection and a laptop/PC/tablet using up to date Windows, Apple, or Android operating systems.
The recommended minimum age for this qualification is 18 years or above.
Learners will develop the skills required to assess delegates demonstration of competence in an individual’s work environment. The Level 3 Award in Assessing competence in a workplace is broken down into Two units:
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessments
- Assess vocational skills, Knowledge and understanding
How is this course assessed?
- The course is broken down into two units. Each one requires the submission of an assignment.
- During the initial classroom days your tutor will also prepare you for the four vocational assessments you need to complete when back in your assessing role. You will be required to submit product evidence to demonstrate your ability to plan, assess and feedback on your learner’s performance
Progression - What further qualifications can I do after completing the Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence In Work Environment?
Successful learners can progress to other assessment and internal quality assurance qualifications such as:
- Level 3 Award In Assessing Vocational achievements.
- Level 3 Certificate In Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA)
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
Why Choose Teacher Assessor Training?
We have worked in the education sector for over a decade, initially providing entry level courses for teaching ahead of moving towards more specific NVQ courses. During this period, we developed an all-encompassing understanding of teacher assessor courses and how to supply them in an optimal way, along with forming strong working relationships with partners and affiliates in education such as Ofqual to ensure that high standards are always met.
Teacher Assessor Training makes it easy for clients to have direct access to the specific teacher assessor courses that they require. Our strong experience in the education field means that we have an encyclopaedic knowledge of all course material. We provide expert support as you navigate through the courses you need to complete, from assessor training courses to IQA courses. Have peace of mind that you have access to the right material when you need it.
We use Microsoft Teams – a popular and easily navigable software for delivering education – so that you can complete teacher assessor courses and other modules from your own home. Our quality software allows for the same quality of teaching as provided in the class. You can have access to any teaching material you require by accessing our portal, allowing you to have more freedom and complete courses in accordance with timescales that suit you.